The American Academy of Audiology states that..
- -approximately 36 million people suffer from hearing loss
- -hearing loss is the third most common health problem in the United States
- -that left untreated, heading loss can adversely affect your social well-being and impact your quality of life
Common signs of hearing loss are...
- -People seem to "mumble" all the time
- -People often have to repeat themselves when speaking to you
- -You have trouble following conversations, especially when people are not facing you or are in another room
- -You have ringing, bussing, or hissing sounds in your ears
About one-third of Americans between the ages of 65 -74 have hearing problems. Today, there are many treatment options available, depending on the extent of hearing lost.
Find out more, join us at the Homewood Library and see Tom Sholten NBC-HIS (from HearLab) present Seniors and Their Hearing. In this free program, Mr. Sholten will review the latest treatment options for hearing loss, and discuss preventive care one can take before serious problems arise.
This event is scheduled for Friday, July 11th from Noon to 1:00 pm in the Round Auditorium. See you there!