Proctoring Guidelines and Basic Information:
As part of the Homewood Public Library’s mission to provide lifelong learning, FREE test proctoring services are offered to students (subject to availability of personnel, facilities, and technology required). The Adult Services Department is the point of contact for this service.
The student will:
- Schedule test at least one week in advance – Please note this is a firm policy.
- Verify with both the school and library that consent has been given and (if applicable) that all testing materials have been received by the library.
- Complete and sign the proctoring request form by which the student agrees to ensure that all guidelines and policies from their respective institutions are met when testing at Homewood Public Library.
Be the liaison between the school and the proctor.
- After a test time has been scheduled with the library, arrange for the test or password (s) to be sent to the library.
- Call the library at least one day prior to the test to be sure it has arrived.
- Bring a picture ID, student ID, pens/pencils and a basic calculator if required.
- Provide addressed envelopes and money for postage and printing if required for returning completed test results to school.
- Relinquish use of personal laptops, cell phones, tablets, etc., if required by the school. The library will provide a space to store these materials.
- Call to cancel if unable to keep reserved testing time.
- Provide stamps, envelopes, etc. if needed.
- Pay a $.25 per page charge for printing, in cash, for print jobs.
The library will:
- Provide a designated contact number, e-mail address, and address. Correspondence will be handled via email, phone, or in person.
Phone: (205) 332-6625
Address: 1721 Oxmoor Road, Homewood, Alabama 35209
- Provide a testing area, located in our Adult Services Department, with library staff supervision, on Mondays-Thursdays from 10am to 2pm. If a quiet, self-contained testing area is required, the library may suggest another facility offering proctoring services.
- Provide a laptop, if needed, for the student to use for online testing. However, we will not download testing software that is not compatible with our network.
- Check the student’s photo ID.
- Report any perceived violation of the posted exam rules to the school.
- Maintain a file for the student that will contain all the proctoring request and a copy of student’s photo ID for six months after the designated testing time.
- Forward tests via e-mail or mail at the student’s expense.
Limits to Proctoring Service:
- Homewood Public Library (HPL) will not accommodate requests for unscheduled proctoring.
- HPL will not proctor an exam brought in by the student.
- HPL cannot guarantee that technical problems will not occur when using the library laptops.
- HPL will not be responsible for tests that are interrupted by library emergencies, power failures, or computer hardware/software failures.
- HPL will not be responsible for any delayed tests, or for completed tests once they leave the library’s possession and have been sent to the school.
- If test results/materials are to be returned to the school by mail, HPL will send them promptly but cannot make a guarantee that the testing institution will receive them by a specific date.
- HPL reserves the right to substitute a proctor if the original proctor is unavailable.
- HPL reserves the right to decline to administer tests that are staff intensive.